Terms and Conditions
Last updated: May 16, 2021
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service.
Iodine strives to maintain a safe community for everyone and we want to ensure that our users feel safe and have a good experience whilst using the Service.
Uploads (via Website, App or API)
There is strictly to be none of:
- Copyrighted content: Content that you do not own the rights to must not be uploaded.
- Gore or shocking content: Content that includes but isn't limited to animal abuse/torture, human mutilation/torture, vivid acts of brutality or violence.
- Derogatory, abusive or harassing content: Content that includes but isn't limited to discrimination of a person via hate speech, racism, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation - or revenge harassment/blackmail.
- Illegal content: Content that depicts, includes or condones illegal activities or encourages/advocates illegal activities.
- Spam and Abuse: Abuse and/or spam of Iodine's network or abusing a bug or issue without notifying the Iodine team.
- Malware/dangerous content: Content that is/includes malware or any technologically harmful content.
Failure to abide by the above could result in account termination or involvement with authorities if necessary.
Interpretation and Definitions
Initial letters of words in which are capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. Said definitions have the same meaning regardless of plural or singular form.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
Country refers to Victoria, Australia
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Service refers to the Website.
Terms and Conditions (also referred to as "Terms") mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and Iodine regarding the use of the Service.
Third-party Social Media Service means any Services or content (including data, information, products or Services) provided by a third party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
Website refers to Iodine, accessible from https://iodine.gg
You means the individual accessing or using the Service or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
These Terms and Conditions govern the use of this Service and the binding agreement between You and Iodine. These Terms and Conditions state the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is governed by Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You are prohibited from accessing or using the Service.
You represent that you are over the age of 12. The Service does not permit those under 13 to use the Service without parental supervision.
Iodine reserves the right to terminate or suspend Your access to the Service without prior notice for any reason, including a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any damages that You might incur, the entire liability of Iodine and any of its suppliers under any provision of this Terms and Your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by You through the Service or 100 USD if You haven't purchased anything through the Service.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Iodine or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third party software and/or third party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of this Terms), even if Iodine or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. In these states, each party's liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
"AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" Disclaimer
The Service is provided to You "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Iodine expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Service, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, Iodine provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Service will meet Your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or Services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error-free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, neither Iodine nor any of the Service's provider makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied: (i) as to the operation or availability of the Service, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon; (ii) that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Service; or (iv) that the Service, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of Iodine are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to You. But in such a case the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting Iodine.
For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident in.
United States Legal Compliance
You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to the United States government embargo, or that has been designated by the United States government as a "terrorist supporting" country, and (ii) You are not listed on any United States government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
You may not access or use the Service for any purpose other than that for which we make the Service available. The Service may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Service to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection or directory without written permission from us.
- Defraud or mislead staff and other users in any attempt to obtain sensitive user data such as passwords.
- Circumvent or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service such as the firewall.
- Use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper or malicious use of our support Services or submit false reports of misconduct or abuse.
- Use the Service in a manner that does not abide by any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized linking or framing to the Service.
- Engage in or attempt to upload or transmit viruses, trojans, or other material that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use of the Service or modifies, impairs, disrupts or interferes with the use, features, functions and operation of the Service.
- Engage in using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Remove or alter the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Engage in or attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or give your account details, especially API keys to any other party.
- Interfere with, disrupt or attack the Service or networks connected to the Service.
- Harass, intimidate or threaten any of our employees engaged in providing any portion of the Service to you.
- Decipher or reverse engineer any of the software used by the Service.
- Engage in collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Service as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Service and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
You may be required to register with the Service. You agree to keep your account information confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account. You agree to select an appropriate username that does not contain any derogatory phrases or slurs. We reserve the right to disable your account if we determine there is unauthorized use of your account or an inappropriate username was chosen.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for any and all data that you transmit to the Service. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any corruption of such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under this Terms shall not affect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall be the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
These Terms and Conditions may have been translated if We have made them available to You on our Service.You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org